null NURSE MIDWIFE, ALEXANDRIA, VA 9/22
Physicians & Midwives (P&M) of Advantia is seeking a Certified Nurse Midwife, for our Alexandria location. A Certified Nurse Midwife with solid GYN experience and antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum experience that includes patients with varying medical conditions (diabetes, hypertension, etc.). P&M has 5 office locations in Northern Virginia (Alexandria, N. Arlington, Mt. Vernon, Kingstowne, and Woodbridge). We are looking for someone that possesses a strong team spirit and a passion for birth and caring for women throughout their lifetime. When you join Advantia, you’re met with a world of opportunities. We highlight your clinical expertise and have built a professional community that values sharing and learning across our women’s health leaders. To make you successful, we make sure each care team has access to technology that enhances the patient-provider experience. Seamless scheduling, mobile check-in, and telehealth make for an experience that’s convenient, because everyone’s time is valuable.
- Provide full-scope nurse-midwifery care in a collaborative practice setting with physicians, nurse practitioners, and nurse-midwifery colleagues.
- Provides inpatient care at hospital and outpatient OB and GYN care at practice office locations
- Monitoring and recording patient vital signs.
- Caring for and assisting women during labor.
- Monitoring and administering medication, injections, and intravenous infusions during labor
- Monitoring the fetus during labor.
- Advising about and supporting parents in the daily care of their newborn babies.
- Helping parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death
- Ensure all patient records are up to date.
- Identifying high-risk pregnancies.
- Active Virginia license as a Registered Nurse and Certified Nurse Midwife
- Active DEA Number
- Active NPI Number
- Eligible for hospital privileges at INOVA Alexandria Hospital
- Current BLS certification or obtained prior to providing direct patient care is required
- Authorized to work and practice in the United States
- Ability to work flexible hours, between office and hospital
- Previous experience as a Certified Nurse Midwife preferred
About The Physician and Midwife Collaborative Practice:
Physicians and Midwives is a unique collaborative practice you will not find anywhere else. We have 5 offices across Northern Virginia in Alexandria, Arlington, and Woodbridge. The team consists of board-certified obstetrician/gynecologists, certified nurse midwives, and certified nurse practitioners. The practice was born out of the notion that as medicine and technology advances, care should still be the foundation of providing medical care to women. All deliveries are handled at INOVA Alexandria Hospital.
About Advantia Health:
To provide the highest quality patient care available, Physicians & Midwives is partnered with Advantia Health. Advantia is transforming healthcare for all women – setting a higher standard of care and convenience while reducing unnecessary costs. Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease. Alongside coordinated care, Advantia is pioneering care models that align incentives with the best interests of women and their families.
Compensation & Benefits:
Consistent with our belief that our providers are our most valuable resource, Physicians and Midwives and Advantia Health offer a competitive and inclusive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, 401k. We also offer great work/life balance and paid holidays/CME/PTO.
Please note: Advantia Health is dedicated to providing unparalleled healthcare to our customers by employing the most highly-qualified individuals. If you are selected for further consideration, you will be subject to a background investigation. COVID-19 vaccination is a required condition of employment.
Advantia Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to global diversity: It is a place where good people want to work, and customers want to continue to engage in EOE M/F/D/V.