Our next annual commencement ceremony will be held on Saturday, September 24, 2022, at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky. The ceremony will begin at 1 pm Eastern Time and will last 2.5 to 3 hours.
EVENT DAY DETAILS - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND SHARE WITH YOUR GUESTS
Pre-ceremony Campus Tours - Friday, September 23, and Saturday, September 24, 2022:
Tours of the new FNU campus at 2050 Lexington Road, Versailles, KY, will be offered on Friday, September 23, from 1:00-2:30 p.m. and Saturday, September 24, from 9:00-10:30 a.m. Please sign up here to let us know if you plan to tour the campus. All guests to FNU’s campus ages 5 and above must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Guests must bring their vaccine cards on the day of the visit or upload them in advance via this form. All campus guests must wear a mask indoors, and eating is not permitted in campus buildings during the tour.
Commencement Ceremony Timeline - Saturday, September 24, 2022:
- 11:00 am EST - doors open at Rupp Arena, the ceremony venue
- 11:00 am - 12:40 pm EST – Graduate Check-In (see details below)
- 1:00 pm EST - Ceremony Processional
- Approx. 3:30 pm EST - Ceremony Recessional - graduates will exit the same way they entered the arena and can then rejoin their guests on the High Street level
Venue: Rupp Arena, 430 W. Vine Street, Lexington, KY. Click here for an interactive map with driving directions.
Parking: The High Street lot across from Rupp Arena will offer parking for $5. Arena staff will be on hand to direct foot traffic from the parking lot to the arena directly across the street.
Arena Policies: Attendees will be monitored by arena security upon entrance, including the use of metal detectors. Guests and graduates should pay special attention to the allowable bag requirements outlined in the Rupp Arena Policies.
Accessibility Needs: Please let on-site FNU staff know if graduates or guests require assistance. American Sign Language Interpreters will be available near the ceremony stage, with reserved seating nearby. Click here for Rupp Arena accessibility information, such as reserved parking, building access, etc.
Refreshments: Rupp Arena Concessions will be available for purchase from 11 am thru 4 pm. (Cashless: credit/debit card; Apple/Google pay). Outside food or beverages are not permitted.
FNU Pop-Up Gift Shop: Select university merchandise will be available for purchase in the Arena Concourse from 11 am to 4 pm. (Cashless: credit/debit card only)
- Guests enter through the main arena doors off High Street (by the Hyatt entrance & across from Lex Live entertainment spot). After passing through arena security, guests may enter the arena for guest seating, browse the Pop-up Gift Shop, get refreshments, or visit the kids' area. There is no limit to the number of guests each graduate may invite. Guests should make a note of the Arena Bag Policy.
- Graduates enter via the High Street Club entrance (by the big, white wall of the convention center). Leave all non-essential personal belongings with your guests. Only bring your regalia (REQUIRED) and any small items you will be able to carry during the processional and ceremony. Once inside, graduates will go through arena security (see Arena Bag Policy), then proceed to Graduate Check-in. You will not be permitted to leave this area upon check-in.
Graduate Check-In Steps:
If you pre-registered your attendance (submitted RSVP & photo) –
- After you’ve gone through arena security, go to the check-in table.
- Give FNU staff your name; they will hand you a pre-filled envelope with these items:\
- Pre-printed Marching Order name card *DO NOT LOSE THIS CARD*
3. Check the personal information printed on the card for accuracy. If you see an error, please notify FNU staff. They will direct you to a separate check-in area where a new, revised Marching Order name card will be printed.*DO NOT LOSE THIS CARD*
If you did not pre-register your attendance –
- After you’ve gone through arena security, you will be directed to a separate check-in area.
- FNU staff will verify your graduation eligibility, take a ceremony slide photo, and create your Marching Order name card. *DO NOT LOSE THIS CARD*
After Graduate Check-In:
Graduates will proceed to the lower level, Clubhouse B, and will not be permitted to leave the graduate area once they are checked in. Nursing mothers may connect with a caregiver guest & baby as needed until 12:40 pm when the processional lineup begins - simply ask an FNU staff member for assistance. Graduates should bring only the regalia and essential items they will need during the ceremony.
FNU is not responsible for personal items left behind during the ceremony – the dressing room will be inaccessible after 12:40 pm. Graduates must carry their scan cards to hand to the stage marshal during the ceremony.
For questions, please contact Commencement@frontier.edu. We look forward to celebrating with you!
All students whose degree was conferred on 9.28.22 or later are invited to participate in the commencement ceremony on 9.24.22.
Current FNU students whose degree has not yet been officially conferred must meet the following eligibility criteria no later than 9.23.22 to participate in the Commencement Ceremony on 9.24.22:
|Currently enrolled DNP Students||Currently enrolled MSN & PGC Students|
|Have an A, B, I, or IP in all remaining required DNP courses.||
*Students who fail MH/NM/NP/WH717 in the summer term must contact their academic advisor to determine eligibility for participation in Commencement.
PRINTED CEREMONY PUBLICATION
All students with a degree conferral date of 9.26.21 thru 8.26.22 will automatically be listed in the 2022 Commencement Ceremony printed event publication.
To meet publishing deadlines, all other eligible students (as defined above) who plan to participate in the commencement ceremony must RSVP no later than 08.26.22 to be listed in the print publication. NOTE: 2019-2020 graduate names were previously published and will not be listed in the 2022 event publication, including those who participate in the ceremony on 9.24.22.
STAY IN TOUCH
We need your current mailing address: