When and Where?
Saturday, September 26, 2020
1:00 pm EST ceremony start time (duration estimate: 2 - 2.5 hrs)
Who Can Participate?
Any FNU graduate whose degree was officially conferred since the previous year's Commencement is invited to participate. Current FNU students whose degree has not yet been officially conferred must meet the following eligibility criteria:
DNP students - Have an A, B, I, or IP grade in all required DNP courses.
MSN & PGC students - Have an A or B in MH/NM/NP/WH 715 posted to the transcript AND have an A, B, or IP grade in MH/NM/NP/WH 716 AND have an A, B, or I grade MH/NM/NP/WH 717* AND have an A, B, or I grade in PC713 by the date of Commencement.
Students earning multiple degrees from FNU may choose to participate in the Commencement ceremony after each degree or wait and participate once after all degrees are earned.
*Students who fail MH/NM/NP/WH717 in the summer term must contact their Academic Advisor to determine eligibility for participation in the Commencement Ceremony.
What To Expect
- The ceremony will feature a keynote speaker, presentation of student and faculty awards, presentation of graduates.
- The event will take place in real-time, will be live-streamed in a manner accessible to a broad audience, and will be recorded.
- We encourage you to invite your family and friends to “Save the Date” and plan virtual watch parties to celebrate your accomplishments - within CDC public health guidelines, of course!
How Can Graduates Sign Up to Participate?
Graduates will register for the event via a private, online portal, hosted by GradPak (link coming to your FNU email inbox by mid-July). You will answer a few basic questions and upload a photo (details below) to generate a slide highlighting your information that will be used during the ceremony. You will see a real-time proof of your created graduate slide, and then a confirmation email once the slide has successfully uploaded to the GradPak site.
All photo submissions must show the graduate's face clearly and should reflect the celebratory yet solemn tone of a graduate-level commencement ceremony, and must demonstrate any of the following options:
- A headshot style photo of you wearing your cap and gown (please order regalia by July 15 to ensure delivery in time to meet the photo submission deadline of August 31)
- A photo of you in your regalia being hooded by a mentor, preceptor, or special person in your life (please order regalia by July 15 to ensure delivery in time to meet the photo submission deadline of August 31)
- A headshot style photo of you in your regalia, white coat, or professional-style clothing holding up your diploma (many graduates have already received their FNU diplomas)
- A photo of you in your regalia, white coat, or professional attire having your FNU nursing pin affixed to your lapel by a mentor, preceptor or special person in your life (FNU graduation pins will be mailed from KY by mid-July)
- A photo of you in your regalia, white coat, or professional-style dress having your FNU medallion placed around your neck by a mentor, preceptor, or special person in your life (FNU graduation medallions will be mailed from KY by mid-July)
NOTE: Regalia is optional. Those who wish to order regalia may do so by clicking on the "Regalia & Cords" tab on this page. NOTE: it's recommended you order by July 15 to ensure on-time delivery (if you wish to wear regalia in your graduation photo to be submitted by the end of August).
What if I still want to walk across the stage? All 2020 graduates will be invited to participate at the next FNU in-person Commencement.
Deadlines: All eligible graduates wishing to participate in the ceremony must register via GradPak (link coming via email by mid-July) and create their slide no later than August 31, 2020.