In light of the ever-changing coronavirus pandemic, we will continue to communicate via this page and FNU email announcements with new developments that may arise.
JUNE 30, 2021 UPDATE: Our next annual commencement ceremony will be held on Saturday, September 25, 2021, at Rupp Arena in downtown Lexington, Kentucky.
Ceremony Starts: 2 pm EST (approx. duration: 2 hrs.)
Graduate check-in: So that staff can serve you well upon arrival, please observe the following graduate check-in times based on your last name:
- Last names A-G 12:00-12:20 pm EST
- Last names H-M 12:15-12:35 pm EST
- Last names N-Z 12:30-12:50 pm EST
Last call for the processional line-up: 1:45 pm EST
We need your current mailing address:
- Currently enrolled students, please verify contact information in Self-Service
- Recent graduates, please complete this Alumni update form
All students with a degree conferral date of September 28, 2019, through Aug 31, 2021, are eligible to participate in the 2021 Commencement Ceremony at Rupp Arena.
Current FNU students whose degree has not yet been officially conferred must meet the following eligibility criteria no later than 9/24/21 in order to participate in the Commencement Ceremony on 9/25/21:
Have an A, B, I, or IP in all remaining required DNP courses.
MSN & PGC Students
- Have an A or B in MH/NM/NP/WH 715 posted to the transcript, AND
- Have an A, B, or IP grade in MH/NM/NP/WH 716 by the date of commencement, AND
- Have an A, B, or I grade in MH/NM/NP/WH 717 by the date of commencement* AND
- Have an A, B, or I grade in PC713 by the date of commencement.
- *Students who fail MH/NM/NP/WH717 in the summer term must contact their academic advisor to determine eligibility for participation in the Commencement Ceremony.
PRINTED EVENT PROGRAM
All students with a degree conferral date of September 27, 2020, thru August 31, 2021, will automatically be listed in the 2021 Commencement Ceremony printed program.
Based on the publishing timeline for the printed program, eligible students (as defined above) and graduates originally invited to the 2020 virtual ceremony who plan to participate in the Commencement ceremony must RSVP no later than August 31, 2021, to be listed as graduates in the printed Commencement program.
Based on the publishing timeline for the printed program, eligible students (as defined above) and graduates originally invited to the 2020 virtual ceremony who have not had their degree officially conferred by August 31, 2021, and who do not RSVP by August 31, 2021, are welcome to participate in the ceremony but will not be listed in the printed program.