Exciting opportunities are available with a rapidly growing, accredited online graduate university. We are currently seeking highly motivated professionals to join our team. Applicants should value making meaningful contributions in a positive team-oriented environment. One of Frontier's major goals is to increase the diversity of the health care workforce. Therefore we are very interested in minority candidates.
Current Staff Openings:
Frontier Nursing University is currently seeking a Facilities Manager to oversee the management, renovation, maintenance and upkeep of Frontier Nursing University (FNU) facilities in the Lexington and Versailles area. We are in the process of acquiring a 67 acre campus in Versailles that includes over 95,000 square feet of building space. The facilities manager will play an integral role in planning and executing the contracts, renovations, hiring, and purchasing initiatives for the new campus, and then in managing the maintenance, improvements, and security operations for the campus.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the development and implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines for FNU maintenance operations.
- Completion of facilities operations and capital improvement budgets and requests.
- Monitors and controls spending against approved budgets and capital requests.
- Developing and executing the annual and quarterly Facilities Improvement Plan.
- Management of projects for the maintenance and improvement of facilities.
- Development and execution of the Preventative Maintenance and Fire Safety plan.
- Security (responsible for systems and personnel).
- Recruitment and supervision of maintenance department personnel.
- Maintenance and safeguarding equipment used by maintenance personnel.
- Monitors and ensures institutional compliance with federal, state, and local safety, environmental protection, and fire protection regulations and standards as well as accreditation requirements for facilities.
- Work with contractors to obtain competitive quotes for projects as needed as well as management of vendor relationships.
- Recommends improvements in facilities, including construction or renovation of structures.
- Maintains records related to facilities such as warranties, past project details, and vendor records.
- Purchase Authority
- Able to commit FNU funds for operating expenses specified within the FNU budget and within the budgeted level. Capital spending is approved by means of a Capital Expenditure Request form prior to the purchase. Any contracts must be signed by the VP of Finance or the President.
- For items outside of budget, the expenditure must be within the approved Quarterly Facilities Improvement Plan or receive approval from the VP of Finance prior to initiating the purchase.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and human relations skills.
- Requires five years of experience in management or related experience.
- Construction industry experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of ERP systems, spreadsheets, word processors and other personal productivity tools.
Frontier Nursing University (FNU) is a non-profit graduate school of nursing providing advanced educational preparation for nurses who seek to become nurse-midwives, family nurse practitioners, Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or women’s health care nurse practitioners by providing a community-based distance program leading to a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree, a Master of Science in Nursing degree and post-graduate certificates. We have been pioneers in healthcare education since our establishment in southeastern Kentucky in 1939. FNU offers competitive salary, vacation, CEU and a generous 401k plan. Frontier is committed to increasing the diversity in the workforce.
The position is located in the FNU Administrative Office in Lexington, KY, but will be moving to the new Administrative Offices in Versailles, KY in late 2017/early 2018. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For more information about Frontier Nursing University visit www.frontier.edu