Skip to Content
- When exactly do I qualify to attend graduation?
- Students may participate in the annual FNU commencement ceremony according to the following requirements:
Pre-2014 MSN and post-graduate certificates students can participate in the commencement ceremony if they have completed all required courses, successfully completed the comprehensive examination, and paid all tuition and fees.
Post-masters DNP students can participate in the annual FNU commencement ceremony after successfully presenting their capstone project and paid all tuition and fees.
MSN+DNP and PGC+DNP students can participate in the annual FNU commencement ceremony as an MSN graduate once the Master's degree is conferred and/ or as a DNP graduate after all courses are successfully completed and paid all tuition and fees.
- When should I arrive?
- Graduates should arrive at the Nixon Gym no later than 1:00 pm (Eastern Time) and enter through lower level doors to sign in.
- What should I wear?
- For women, a dress and dark shoes are recommended. For men, dark pants and dark shoes would be recommended. Since graduation gowns are black, it is best to wear dark colors so your clothes do not show through.
- Can I stay at the school for Graduation?
- Unfortunately because we are housing the full faculty and invited guests such as our graduation speaker, we have a full house during graduation weekend.
- Can I bring my family to the campus?
- Yes you may bring your family to campus. There will be guided tours at Wendover and self-guided tours on campus.
- Will there be a reception?
- Yes after the ceremony there will be a reception. Location to be announced.
- Is the Nixon gym handicap accessible?
- Yes, they will need to enter the lower level of the building.
- Will faculty be available to talk with?
- There are faculty meetings on campus during the weekend but graduates will have an opportunity to talk with faculty after the ceremony, during the reception.
- Why do DNP graduates have two choices for purchasing gowns?
- The fine quality gowns are for graduates who work at a university as faculty and need it to wear year after year. It has the FNU logo as well as initials on the trim. The one time use gowns are a lighter weight fabric and will not have the embellishments that the fine quality has.
- Are the number of guests limited?
- There is no limit to the number of guests but for planning purposes we do need to know how many you plan to bring.