Financial Aid Application Process
Congratulations on your acceptance to Frontier Nursing University! If you would like to apply for financial aid, please complete the required items listed below:
- FSA ID
- Please follow the link above to create a FSA ID. This will be used to sign your federal financial aid documents; it is required to complete steps 2-4.
- 2023-24 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Please complete the 2023-24 FAFSA with your 2021 tax information.
- Frontier Nursing University’s school code is G30070.
- When entering your current grade level in college on the FAFSA, please select 1st year graduate/professional or, if it applies to you, continuing graduate/professional.
- Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans
- Please follow the link above to electronically sign a Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN). This form is your contract with the U.S. Department of Education obligating you to repay any federal loan funds you may borrow while enrolled at FNU.
- Direct Loan Entrance Counseling for Graduate Students
- Please follow the link above to complete the graduate-level Direct Loan Entrance Counseling. Entrance Counseling presents information about student loans, as well as interest rates and repayment options. Please ensure that you are completing the counseling as a graduate student; undergraduate entrance counseling is not valid.
- Financial Aid Policies (for review only; submission not required)
- Please review FNU's financial aid policies for important information about financial aid. This is for review only; submission is not required.
Pre-Frontier Bound Timeline: Approximately 3-4 weeks before your scheduled Frontier Bound, Financial Aid Services will begin importing financial aid documents and reviewing files for any missing or incomplete items. After this initial review of your file, you will be notified via your FNU e-mail account of any missing documents and given a completion deadline. If all required documents have been completed by the deadline, you will receive your Award Letter at Bound. Also while at Bound, you will have a group meeting with the financial aid staff, during which you will be given the opportunity to ask any remaining questions about your financial aid.
Financial Aid Overview
- Graduate students are eligible for $20,500 per FNU financial aid award period (three terms) in unsubsidized loans, regardless of income, with the exception of these three situations:
- Being close to or exceeding your graduate aggregate loan limit of $138,500
- Currently being in default on a student loan
- Not being a permanent resident or citizen of the United States
- Frontier Nursing University operates on a financial aid schedule of three terms per award period. For example, if you choose to borrow the full $20,500 per award period, you will receive an estimated net amount of $6,761 in financial aid per term. Financial aid awards are repackaged every three terms.
- Financial Aid Services will request loan funds from the Department of Education during week three of each term. Loan funds will be processed and applied to student accounts during week four. Residual funds should not be expected any sooner than week five of each term.
Please refer to the chart below to find the appropriate contact in Financial Aid Services.
|Student Last Name||Financial Aid Contact||Phone Number|
|A - D||Kaleena Burnett||(859) 251-4570||Kaleena.Burnett@frontier.edu|
|E - K||Te'sia Carter||(859) 251-2047||Tesia.Carter@frontier.edu|
|L - Ro||Brian Highley||(859) 251-4555||Brian.Highley@frontier.edu|
|Rp - Z||Carin Brumback||(859) 251-4726||Carin.Brumback@frontier.edu|
|NFLP & VA Students||Rainie Boggs||(859) 251-4722||Rainie.Boggs@frontier.edu|