PROCESS FOR APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
Congratulations on your acceptance to Frontier Nursing University! If you would like to apply for financial aid, please complete the required steps listed below:
- Please create a FSA ID here. This will be used to sign your federal financial aid documents; it is required to complete steps 2-4.
- Please complete the 2017-18 FAFSA using your 2015 tax returns here. Frontier Nursing University’s school code is G30070. When completing the FAFSA, please select graduate student in any question that asks about your status. Please be sure to complete the 2017-18 FAFSA, not the 2018-19; the 2018-19 FAFSA is currently set as the default, so you will have to manually select the 2017-18.
- Electronically sign an Unsubsidized Stafford loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) here. This form is your contract with the US Department of Education obligating you to repay any federal Stafford loan funds you may borrow while enrolled at FNU.
- Complete the graduate-level Unsubsidized Stafford loan Entrance Counseling here. The Entrance Counseling will offer information about student loans, as well as interest rates and repayment options. Please ensure that you are completing the counseling as a graduate student; undergraduate entrance counseling is not valid.
- Submit the Financial Aid Policies statement here.
Important Notice: The Financial Aid Office will begin importing financial aid documents approximately three to four weeks before your scheduled Frontier/Bridge/DNP Bound. After this initial review of your file, you will be notified via your FNU e-mail account of any missing or incomplete documents. You will be given sufficient time to submit any missing documents before the deadline. While at Bound, you will have a group meeting with the Financial Aid Office, during which you will be given the opportunity to ask questions and sign your Award Letter. If needed, you can also request a one-on-one meeting with a financial aid staff member.
FINANCIAL AID OVERVIEW
- Graduate students are eligible for $20,500 per FNU financial aid award period (three terms) in unsubsidized Stafford loans, regardless of income, with the exception of these three situations:
- Being close to or exceeding your graduate aggregate loan limit of $138,500
- Currently being in default on a student loan
- Not being a permanent resident or citizen of the United States
- Frontier Nursing University operates on a financial aid schedule of three terms per award period. For example, if you choose to borrow the full $20,500 per award period, you will receive an estimated net amount of $6,761 in financial aid per term. Financial aid awards are repackaged every three terms.
- Financial aid will be requested from the Department of Education in the third week of each term. Any residual funds will be sent to you after the financial aid disbursement has been applied to your account and any balance has been paid in full. Residual funds are sent out during the fourth week of the term for students with direct deposit; however, it can take 10-14 business days longer to receive residual funds via check.