Dr. Diane Y. John is an Associate Professor with Frontier Nursing University and is currently working with Academic Affairs as the curriculum and course design coach. Dr. John earned her degree, Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing, from Barry University, in Miami, FL. Her dissertation was philosophically grounded in phenomenology and focused on nursing education. She has been employed with FNU since 2012 and has dedicated 19 years of her professional career to teaching in an academic setting.
Her scholarly accomplishments have focused on a variety of topics, which include: Nursing education, technology, women's health, leadership, health policy, and primacy care issues.
Throughout her career, she has served on dissertation committees, organization boards, and academic committees. Her most recent academic service includes:
* Curriculum Committee (Co-chair)
* Faculty Staff Council (Member)
* Ed Tech Committee (Member)
As a Family Nurse Practitioner, Dr. John's clinical practice includes:
• Primary Care Evaluator – Veterans Evaluation Service.
Her educational background includes:
• Doctorate of Philosophy in Nursing – Barry University (Miami Shores, FL)
• Masters degree in Nursing (FNP) – Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL)
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing – Florida Atlantic University (Davie, FL).