FNU confers degrees throughout the year, not just at the end of a term.
Students will be considered eligible for graduation upon satisfying the following requirements:
- Complete all required courses for the program of study.
- Confirm receipt of final grades for all required courses by checking your unofficial transcript in Self Service. Incomplete (I) and In-Progress (IP) grades are temporary marks, not final grades. A student is not eligible to graduate until the I or IP grade is resolved.
- Reconcile all financial balances on the student billing account.
- MSN and PGC Students ONLY: Submit all end of clinical paperwork including the signed Declaration of Safety (DOS) from the primary preceptor, the final Stage 4 MDAT from the RCF, and the completed End of Clinical Record.
- Complete the FNU Application for Graduation form. The graduation application should not be submitted until all of the requirements listed above have been met. Please only complete ONE application.
Students will receive an email from the Registrar once the degree or certificate is conferred.
Please note, it could take up to 8 weeks from the date of the degree conferral for you to receive the diploma. The diploma will be printed and mailed according to the details in your student record. If your address is incorrect on the FNU Application for Graduation form, please correct it in Self-Service before submitting your Application for Graduation. If your name is incorrect, please complete the Name Change Request form before submitting your Application for Graduation.
Each student will be sent a complimentary official transcript along with the diploma. Information on ordering additional transcripts can be found on our Transcript Request page.
- MSN and PGC: 8 1/2" x 11"
- DNP: 11" x 14"
If you need a digital diploma, please complete this form.
National Certifying Agencies
Each certifying agency has a website with information regarding what is required for the certification process. Please see the table below for information and links to AANP, ANCC, NCC and AMCB.
Please note that AANP usually requires an official transcript showing the degree conferral date. You may request an official transcript here.
Download their form (preferably the May 2023 version) and complete only the student information sections. After your degree is conferred you may forward the document to email@example.com for further completion.
Please note that ANCC usually requires an official transcript showing the degree conferral date. You may request an official transcript here.
Within 3 business days of graduation, students will be e-mailed additional information to provide to NCC after officially graduating from the university.
FNU will regularly notify AMCB of all Nurse Midwifery graduates. Once you have received an e-mail indicating you have officially graduated from the university, please follow up directly with AMCB to schedule boards.
Students may participate in the annual FNU Commencement Ceremony after the degree or certificate has been conferred by the Registrar or by meeting the specific eligibility criteria as defined in the Commencement Ceremony Participation policy in the FNU Catalog. If you plan to attend commencement, held each Fall, you must continue to monitor your FNU email inbox for updates, RSVP instructions, etc. More information about the Commencement Ceremony can be found on the Commencement Banyan Tree Portal page.
Replacement Diploma Request
If you need a replacement diploma due to misplacement, natural disaster, etc., please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note there will be a $30 fee for a reprint of the MSN diploma and a $40 fee for a reprint of the DNP diploma. It will take 6-8 weeks for the replacement diploma to arrive from the date of order.